Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hazardous scenes = your equipment getting the shit kicked out of it!


The Gogol Bordello show was packed last night, the perfect opportunity for some great shots from the eye of the storm. So naturally I was in the pit getting some great stuff and all of a sudden my lens fell off my camera. At first I did what anyone does in the middle of a crazy mosh pit, I put my arms out and started looking around frantically hoping everyone around me would start realizing I dropped something important and help me look for it.

Well, it was just too freakin crazy and after a out 40 seconds someone looked at me and said "don't even think about it" I walked out thinking fuck! well it was bound to happen sooner or later after working in these kinds fo conditions for so long. I pushed my way off the dance floor, put my lens behind the front desk and went outside for a minute. Then I was like, well maybe now I can get that 2.8 lens I want, and went back in to dance. About 10 minutes in I saw someone holding up a fist with my lens in it. I grabbed and was like Ahhhhhh! amazing, but what does this thing actually look like after being jumped on a millions times? I walked back out, got my camera body and mounted it! It actually worked. My lens filter was off and hood missing but it actually still worked. Anyway I got right back in and started shooting again. Jeez what a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment