Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Spellcaster Party Freaks vs. Pretty Pic of Italy




In an obsessive compulsive fit I've attempted to begin to organize and upload some older photos taken while traveling. You can see some of the sets in the gallery section of my PS site. I've compiled them in sets based on location but am skeptical because I feel like some of them are a bit too postcard'y but then again who knows what people really like. As for SEO, photo descriptions and labeling I'm in major procrastination mode. Definitely should be doing this before I export out of Lightroom for all those travel pics I recently uploaded to PS but Im so lazy. Not good. Web-wise I re-designed my website to simply re-route to my Photoshelter site for now until i have more time to actually integrate my personal site with my archive galleries on PS.

I have been working on an assignment for a new food/culture magazine coming out in New Orleans and did a food shoot for an article my husband is writing about the bakery at Dong Phoung, a vietnamese restaurant in New Orleans East. Cant show you photos till the mag comes out but some are delicious looking. My PS site has been very instrumental in allowing my editor to view and select photos. This weekend I am shooting a pic of Richard McCarthy, the Executive Director of Market Umbrella, the orgnaization that runs Crecent City Farmers Market for a different article, as well as a beer shoot for an article on craft beer in NOLA. These magazine assignments are great expereince and they actually pay me $ so....

Besides work photos there is a Spellcaster party Friday night, one of my favs to shoot. See some amazingly weird Spellcaster photos posted here. Then there's the mirliton festival this weekend. Yes, Ill be busy runnin round town with my camera.

Definitely keep posted for some interesting photos after this weekend.




1 comment:

  1. So jealous. Wish I could be @ Spellcaster. Awesome photo opportunity. Cant go wrong...-BTW, I remember the kid with the button up shirt and brown shorts (img 4748). I pinned a $20 on him on his birthday and he bummed joints off my friends @ Quintron at the Saturn bar. Hilarious.

    Have fun! Cant wait to see pics.
    *P

    ReplyDelete