Monday, December 14, 2009

Google Analytics: Holy Shit!


Ive officially geeked out and enabled Google Analytics on my site. I am now able to track all traffic to my website including features I didnt even know I wanted to track.

For instance Ive had
  • 208
  • Visits since I started tracking (probably half of which are my own visits to my site) I've had
  • 1,651
  • Pageviews. People spend an average of
  • 00:03:07
  • Time on my Site. I've had 120 visits from Louisiana, 27 from Alabama, and 23 from New York, and random amounts of visits from countless other cities and countries, including one visit from Russia, one from South Africa and one from China, weird.

    I can also see who visits my site from my Facebook posts vs. blog posts, and those who type my url directly into the browser.

    What does it all mean? Im not sure yet...but im sure this info will come in handy one day. It all comes down to marketing, which Ill be posting about in length tomorrow when I write about the Mary Virginia Swanson lecture I attended last week.
    I attached a fun pic of myself to this post that I took when I got my new strobe lights. Note to viewers...its not that easy to take your own picture.


    2 comments:

    1. Wow, Google Analytics is pretty awesome. And you look great! Looking forward to your post on marketing. Hopefully it'll apply to writers as well. ;)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks Subrina....missed you at the reunion :(

      ReplyDelete