Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Shoo Jimmy Shoo...Catey Hill Book Cover Photo



My good friend Catey Hill, whose portrait is featured on my website has just published a terrific book "SHOO, Jimmy Choo! The Modern Girl's Guide to Spending Less & Saving More" A while back I shot her portrait for the book cover and the picture continues to be used in articles, websites and magazines which feature her book. She has recently started a blog too that gives girls even more ideas on how to save money (tips we can all use). She seems to use shoes as the iconographic symbol for excessive spending, which I used to relate to living in NYC. However, since Ive moved to NOLA Ive replaced my shoe habit with a photo equipment habit. So my title should be "shoo...B&H Photo" (ok...cheesy I know)

This picture above is from a shoot done at our friends apt. in Tribeca, NYC and has a much more serious tone than the one they ended up using for the book, but I like the no-nonsense glare in this one best.

Anyway. Yesterday I blogged about staged shots and posted a gallery on my site with a few samples. Some of the shots from the Catey Hill shoot are in it, check em out and most definitely check out this book. It would make a great holiday gift!

6 comments:

  1. YOU ROCK E!!!!!!

    I love this pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! hey guys..miss ya! go Catey go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT, E! This is so, so nice of you to write!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to remember a really fabulous pair of Marc Jacobs heels with cut-out colors. You should not regret that purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats so cute that you remember those...if they're the same ones Im thinking of I just had them re-soled...speak about making your money last....always re-sole expensive shoes.

    ReplyDelete