Thursday, December 10, 2009

Huh? This is my most viewed photo ?




One of the great features of PhotoShelter is the built in "Public Image Views" function. While logged in to your site, you are able to see the top 100 images posted on your site with the highest amount of views. It is always interesting to see which of my pictures draw the most attention.

Strangely enough one picture stands out above the rest as having far many more views than any other photo....and it is the one at the top of this post. Now....its a funny picture yes, but is this really the photo of mine that people look at most? What so special about it?

It makes me wonder who is looking at my site......Did someone fall asleep on their keyboard while looking at my site and mistakenly keep reloading this one pic? Do people click on the small thumbnail because it looks like the lead singer of Monotonix is wearing no pants? Do the drunken tattoed goons in this shot send a link to all their friends to show them their picture posted on the web? Is a friend who knows that I obsessively check my "Public Image Views" consistently, just trying to mess with me and clicking on this shot over and over again?

Ive been looking into Google Analytics, which apparently gives you more insight into exactly who and when people are looking at specific pages on your website and how they get to your website from other links. I tried to embed the code in my site but still haven't figured out how to make it work. Once I do, it should be interesting to see who,what, where, and when people are looking at my photos. Whats funny is that this image has 20 + times more views than any other picture on my site....weird.

Yes Monotonix shows are crazy, as is evidenced by my gallery of images posted from One Eyed Jacks in September, but is that what it takes to drive people to my site?

1 comment:

  1. Actually, looking at this again, the tats on the right totally make this shot. That, and it looks like the singer dude isn't wearing clothes.

    ReplyDelete