Monday, February 22, 2010

Akron Family @ One Eyed Jacks


Akron Family - Images by Erica Stavis



Last night I pulled myself off my very lazy Sunday butt to go check out the Akron Family Show at One Eyed Jacks. I struggled with whether or not to bring my camera (a dilemma Im always annoying my husband with before we go anywhere) because I've been known to dance wildly with my arms in the air and my eyes completely shut during their shows.

After thinking about all the other random and iffy spots I've brought my camera I decided to bring it. Two great things happened as soon as I walked in the venue: 1) The ballroom was non-moking for the show (unheard of in NOLA) and, 2) Ak Fam had covered up the obnoxious One Eyed Jacks sign (amazing b/c now my shots wont look like every other show I've ever shot at OEJ) with their tie-died flag.

Ive shot Akron family a bunch of times, in NYC, San Fran and other random NE states,so I was thrilled that they finally headed down to NO. For any of you who checked out the show last night or just dig AK AK , theirs a great interview with Miles, their lead singer in February's issue of Anti-Gravity. The article featured a few Akron pics from the past. Download the issue PDF here, page 15.

Akron rocked it as usual...and seemed to be testing out some new stuff. Their opening act Warpaint....well lets just say it, pretty HOT!!

....Posting some pics from last nights show later tonight
....Still no time for price profiling, but its top on my list
....Starting a Lighting II class at NOAFA on Wed
....Planning a spring edition of Six Shooters
....Many other things in the works


Comments??

No comments:

Post a Comment