Friday, February 19, 2010

Who, what, where, when, why? Print Sales


I'm attempting to tackle the beast of photo sales in order to make it possible for people to purchase prints or digital copies of my photos online. PhotoShelter makes it pretty simple to "assign" pricing profiles to individual shots or galleries of images in order to set photo prices. After doing some research there seems to be a whole slew of other research that I need to do in order to make this happen. Questions to ponder:
  1. Who are the possible people that might be buying my photos?
  2. What purposes will they be using my photos for?

  3. What is the average price people pay for in each of these categories?

  4. Where do I fall within those averages based on my buyers and experience?

  5. What forms (print vs. digital files) do I want my photos to be available in?

  6. Do I want to go the online route where PS will take 10% commission off each print sold to make my life easier

  7. Oh yeah..and the obvious....will this work actually pay off, (AKA will anyone actually buy my photos)

Because this blog had originally been intended to help other like-minded photographers find info re: "all this stuff", Ill be doing some reading and posting again later today or tom.

I need a new full sensor camera.......so who's ready to buy some photos? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment